Pre and post natal physiotherapy
A woman’s body goes through physical and hormonal changes that can cause unforeseen aches and discomfort affecting their overall daily function. During pregnancy, women gain 25 to 35 pounds on average and this increase in weight gain can cause significant strain on the musculoskeletal system. During pregnancy, any activity such as walking, standing or even sitting can be a challenge.
Today, many physicians recommend physiotherapy to relieve the pain and discomfort that pregnant woman are faced with.
Prenatal and Postnatal Physiotherapy Benefits
- Neck pain and headaches which are due to postural changes
- Lower back pain due to the stretching of the abdominal wall and the shift in the mother’s centre of gravity
- Tightness and pain in the hamstrings and heel cords due to the flattening of the feet
- Arm pain or tingling caused by nerve compression
- Bladder leakage caused by increased strain on the pelvic muscles during and after pregnancy
Our qualified physiotherapists will perform a thorough assessment and examination of the joint mobility, muscle imbalances and strength, sensation testing and functional limitations.
Here at Absolute PhysioCare, we will work with you to ensure you have a good understanding of what is happening to your body during and after your pregnancy.
We provide the following Prenatal and Postnatal Physiotherapy
- A safe exercise program, utilizing cutting edge equipment, to improve your strength and mobility
- Exercises to improve postural alignment and balance
- Core stability exercises to help relieve back pain and bladder leakage
- Recommendations on sleeping postures to provide better sleep and less strain on your body
- Techniques to aid in soft tissue flexibilit
Related Posts on Prenatal and Postnatal Physiotherapy
The Benefits of Prenatal Massage for Back Pain Earlier this year, I posted a video about homecare...
Watch How Your Partner Can Help You Relieve Lower Back Tension During Pregnancy This technique is...
Watch How to Use the Semi Fowler Technique in Pregnancy Pregnant women often have difficulty...
BOOK YOUR THERAPY SESSION
Our highly qualified therapists are committed to listening to your needs and providing one on one care in order for you to feel your best!