COMPRESSION SOCKS, STOCKINGS AND HOSIERY
What Does Gradient Compression Hosiery Do?
- Improves blood flow through the veins
- Increases circulation
- Increases oxygen to the muscle tissue
They are designed to provide a controlled amount of pressure which is tightest at the ankles and gradually become less constrictive towards the knees and thighs. By compressing the surface veins, arteries and muscles it will allow more blood to return to the heart as the arterial pressure is increased. As a result, less blood pooling in the feet!
Who Should Wear Gradient Compression Hosiery?
You can benefit from wearing gradient compression hosiery if you have the following symptoms/conditions below:
- Tired, aching, fatigued legs
- Swollen feet, ankles, and legs
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Moderate to severe varicose veins
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Pregnant with moderate swelling/edema
How Does Graduated Compression Socks Help Athletes?
Our Sports Physio Therapists note a growing trend among athletes in the use of graduated compression socks which has shown to help their athletic performance and recovery.
- Less lactic acid buildup in the legs during exercise
- Improved oxygen and nutrients to the muscle tissue that have been deprived during a workout/sport
- Improved circulation and blood flow through the veins
- Decreased exercise-induced muscle soreness in the legs
There are 3 levels of compression:
- Mild support (15-20mmHg)
- Moderate support (20-30mmHg)
- Firm support (30-40mmHg)
To determine which support you need, come in to our Burnaby Physio Clinic for an evaluation and we will determine which level of support is right for you.
Most Extended Health Plans Cover Compression Hosiery
We will provide you the documentation you need to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Visit Our Physiotherapy Clinic in Burnaby
Come and meet our team of highly qualified professionals at our Burnaby-Coquitlam Physiotherapy Clinic for an evaluation to determine if Compression Hosiery Therapy/Compression Socks/Compression Stockings will benefit you.
Related Posts on Compression Hosiery
The Benefits of Prenatal Massage for Back Pain Earlier this year, I posted a video about homecare...
Watch How Your Partner Can Help You Relieve Lower Back Tension During Pregnancy This technique is...
Watch How to Use the Semi Fowler Technique in Pregnancy Pregnant women often have difficulty...
BOOK YOUR THERAPY SESSION
Our highly qualified therapists are committed to listening to your needs and providing one on one care in order for you to feel your best!